This tomato soup right here is our all time go-to tomato soup, it’s super rich, creamy, filling all at the same time, it’s also healthy and vegan. When it’s cold all we want to do is snuggle up in a cozy blanket and eat soup all day, so a soup like this is perfect, you can always diverse it with different kinds of vegetables, or leave them out, and enjoy just like it is, another great topping is oven roasted chickpeas.
Super creamy tomato soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 celery sticks
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 70 g tomato puree
- 1/2 dl coconut milk
- 1 dl water
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 100 g noodles of choice like chickpea noodles
- Optional topping: nutritional yeast
- Start by chopping the vegetables. Fry them in a large pan in the olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the coconut milk and the water. Chop the herbs and add them to the pan. Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Boil the noodles as instructed at the package.
- Serve the soup with the noodles, topped with nutritional yeast.
We hope you’ll try out this recipe, and if you do, remember to post and tag us in your attempt.