This curry is probably one of the most frequent meals in our house. It’s easy, delicious, healthy and can be made in so many ways after your tastebuds, it’s free from dairy because the sauce is made of coconut milk. So it’s up to you if you want to make it with chicken, tofu, shrimps, etc.
I like to pack mine up with loads of veggies, but the protein varies depending on who’s gonna eat it and my mood. This recipe has been under construction for a while but I think I finally mastered it, and not to brag, but I personally think that this is one of the best curries I’ve ever tasted.
- 1 can coconut milk (the thicker the better)
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 sprinkle chiliflakes
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Lime/lemon juice
- 6 scallions
- Optional vegetables
- Optional protein (or none)
- Depending on what start by cooking what you want to serve with the curry, rice, quinoa, potatoes, noodles, etc.
- Cut your chosen veggies into the size you like. I like to use mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, broccoli, spinach, green beans, bok choy and/or cauliflower. Grate garlic and ginger.
- Melt some coconut oil in a pot and sauté garlic, ginger, curry, chili flakes and turmeric. This is really important to do, because it really brings out the flavors in the spices. Add in the scallions and sauté even further. If you’re serving it with chicken or tofu per example this would be a great time add and fry that too.
- Add the coconut milk, stir it around until it’s mixed well together with the spices. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper after your liking. Don’t worry if you think it has a lack of flavour in the start, the salt brings out all the flavors.
- Add the vegetables and let it simmer 5 more minutes or until you’re satisfied with the consistency of the vegetables.
- Serve it with what you like, this time I served mine with quinoa. I love the quinoa and the sauce almost kind of blend together. I also like to top it with fresh scallion slices, parsley and a little bit of chili.