Super healthy, vegan & gluten free muffins with chia seeds, pumpkin and chocolate. Perfect for a healthy snack or breakfast on the go.
Servings: 10 small muffins
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + some extra for topping
- 5 tbsp water
- 200 g oats
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 250 g pumpkin puree Can be made by steaming and afterwards mashing up a pumpkin
- 1 banana, mashed
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 65 g nut butter of choice
- 1 dl water
- 25 g dark chocolate, chopped
- Start by preparing the chia egg: combine chia seeds and water and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend the oats to oat flour and combine with cinnamon and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin puree, banana, nut butter, lemon juice and the chia egg.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, occasionally adding the water after need. Lastly add the chopped chocolate.
- Fill the muffin containers with the dough and top them with more chia seeds. Turn the oven to 175C and bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes.